Saturday, January 29, 2011

My First DIY Furniture Project

It is no secret that one of my favourite things to do is op shopping. I love it! I love that you never know what you will find and that is all part of the fun. Lots of the time you find nothing but then sometimes, just sometimes, you hit the jackpot.
Now I'm not saying that this chair is the jackpot but it is the subject of my first attempt at revamping an old piece of furniture. I have been inspired by a couple of blogs (I will share them at another time) and so many talented woman that I really wanted to give it a go. I have no idea how it will turn out!
Rosie (my fellow op shopper) and I set out this week to find an inexpensive chair and we found this beauty for $10 at a West Auckland Salvation Army. I usually don't venture far to op shop but I definitely will in future as the shops out West were fab!
I loved the shape of the chair, it was very sturdy and looked like the upholstered parts would be easy to recover. I have no idea what to do but after a bit of research I am hoping to make a start on my new chair project. :)

No comments: