Thursday, January 27, 2011

School Routines Chart

Yes, it is that time of year again. Back to school preparations are upon us and this year I am trying to introduce some firmer after school routines for our little ones. Working full time, it is fairly hectic in the afternoons when we arrive home. There is washing to deal with, dinner to cook and homework to be done. I think my two littlies sense that during this time, my attention is spread thin with all the jobs I am trying to deal with. They then target me for food, hoping that I will give in and they can fill themselves up with crackers and fruit before dinner!
I found this helpful free printable after school routine chart over at Living Locurto and I am hoping it will help make our after school routine run a little smoother. They can visually see that before they can have their snack, they have their own responsibilities they need to fulfill. While they are doing their jobs I can prepare their snack and have more control over the quantities they are consuming. I can't tell you how many times I come up the stairs after getting the clothes off the line to find an almost empty box of crackers! I have laminated the routines chart and will put it on their door so that they can access it easily. I am looking forward to trying it out. :) 

2 comments:

Time Flies said...

good luck, hope it works for you.

Tui B said...

Thanks Sharlene! :)