Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Simple Things...

Lately I have been thinking about how it is the simple things in life that matter most. This lesson was really brought home to me the other day when I was talking to Harry about Christmas.
Rosie puffing after rolling down the hill!
I asked him what his favourite present was and it wasn't his car garage, his Transformer, his moonhopper or any of his other exciting gifts. He paused for a little bit while he pondered his answer before replying, "I like my new Spiderman toothbrush the best".
It isn't the material things they have that children value, it is time with their parents doing the simplest things. It isn't the extra curricular activities or expensive outings, it is the bedtime stories, running races in the backyard and walks in the park.
Enjoying the outdoors
Rosie and Harry had their first grass rolling experience the other day and they absolutely loved it. Racing each other down the hill while rolling like a barrell was a sight to see and a reminder to me to take time to enjoy the simplest of life's pleasures. :)

No comments: