Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grey Chevron Cushions

I know that the chevron zip zag pattern is everywhere at the moment, but I couldn't resist indulging in this interiors trend in a small way. I LOVE chevron and fad or not, the bold, structural pattern really appeals to me.
First cushion finished!
Finding chevron fabric in NZ is not as easy as it sounds...finding it at a reasonable price is nigh on impossible. This led me to one of my favourite websites for beautiful handmade products and craft supplies, Etsy. 
Testing them out on the bed
After narrowing down the wide range of choices, I found a great supplier called Bee Yourself Fabrics. The owner, Jan, was super friendly and shipped my yard of grey chevron so quickly that it arrived from the US in a matter of days. Her prices were great, even with postage and one yard was enough for two standard size cushions (45cm x 45cm).
In the nursery, where they were originally made for.
I was feeling particularly tired after work one day last week and really felt like an easy project to take my mind off my long 'to do' list at work...whipping up these cushions was perfect. There is a sense of satisfaction that you get in creating something with your hands that is very therapeutic, for me anyway. They only took a few minutes to make and once they had been filled with my favourite feather inners, I was in love. :)

No comments: